**** Direct Client Requirement****
Title: Data Engineer
Location: Washington, DC
Duration: 6-12 Months
Interview Type: Webcam Interview
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: W2 Only!
Experience: 7+ YEARS
The above position will be under Information & Technology Solutions, Treasury (ITSTR), one of the divisions under ITS Finance (ITSFI). ITSTR develops and maintains the systems and computing facilities for the vice-presidency. These systems and facilities support the business process of investments, liabilities management, cash operations, risk management, new products, pension investment, pension administration, and accounting. These systems are critical to the proper management of the Bank’s financial resources.
The specific assignment is to augment the logical database administrator function and scale up capacity to support additional projects that is on our way. The incumbent will be responsible for the performance, integrity, availability, and security of a database. They will also be involved in the planning and development of the database, as well as troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users. The logical database administrator will ensure that databases have the following qualities: data remains consistent across the database, data is clearly defined, users can access data concurrently in a form that suits their needs, and there is provision for data security and recovery control (all data is retrievable in an emergency). The period of the assignment is between 6 months to 12months depending on performance of the candidate.
The candidate would be a self-starter and capable of working independently to high standards of quality. The engagement requires Oracle Exadata, MS SQL SERVER, Oracle APEX, Oracle RAC & Data Guard experience DBA.
Scope of Work
- Provide Logical Database Support to development projects and perform maintenance for existing applications, as per the Treasury Oracle & MS SQL Database & Oracle APEX operation guidelines, which will describe naming standards, processes, and procedures to be followed
- Provide support on Development, Test & Production late hours and weekends
- Perform server configuration of Oracle & MS SQL database, as per best practices followed in the industry, and document the standards for future use
- Perform configuration and development life cycle for Oracle APEX with Apache, Tomcat web server experience and HTML/CSS knowledge
- Provide security management, which includes Account management and access control, as well as object permission Troubleshoot and monitor using tools in RDBMS level, as well as OS level and Control access permissions and privileges
- Provide time to time onsite data center support at with field engineers
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications, and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
- Commission and install new applications, and customize existing applications to make them fit for purpose
- Oversee bulk data migration, as per requirements
- Map out the conceptual design for a planned database
- Refine the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model
- Promote database code from lower environment to production environment
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures, and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- Perform backup/recovery and refresh of databases using the best practices followed in the industry and ITS Treasury Database team
- Work closely with system administrators to define the platform requirement and to effect performance tuning and capacity planning
- Provide administrative support for high availability/disaster recovery aspects, understand Database failover/Switchover technologies for both Oracle & MS SQL Server.
- Follow ITIL processes for incident management, change management and problem management
- Understanding and acting on ICFR, SOC1, SOX compliance
- Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience in Information technology
- Relevant experience of minimum 3-5 years in financial sector is must
- 5 – 8+ years relevant experience as a logical dba in Oracle, MS SQL Server & Oracle APEX is must
- Experience with Web Applications and Web Server (Tomcat, Apache etc.) with HTML/CSS knowledge
- Experience Oracle Exadata, Virtualization & Database Cloud technologies is a must
- Experience Windows and Linux platform is must
- Experience in optimization of Oracle MS SQL server performance is must
- Experience on Backup/Recovery, Data Migration and Disaster Recovery is must
- Good Technical Documenting Skills is must
- Certification on Oracle & MS SQL Server is a big plus
- Relevant experience in remote management of Production database system
- Unix/Windows Shell Scripting experience is required.
- Relevant experience in use of ITIL processes.
- Relevant experience for SOX compliance of critical financial systems.
- Ability and willingness to propose creative and optimal solutions.
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Position Keywords: MS SQL SERVER , ORACLE , HTML , APACHE , RDBMS , ORACLE EXADATA , WEB APPLICATIONS , ORACLE RAC , CSS , DISASTER RECOVERY , ORACLE APEX
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: NTT DATA
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.