***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Data Architect
Location : New York, NY
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 6 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Work Status : Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S
Job Type : W2
Experience : 9 years
Prefer W2 : U S C/ G C /H1B Transfer/OPT/CPT/H4 EAD and other US work authorization are accepted
- Our Data Architecture team is responsible for establishing and maintaining an adaptable data infrastructure in order to provide access to high quality, consistent data in an easy and convenient manner to all authorized end users and applications of Client and its subsidiaries.
- Our team is looking for a highly organized person who has architected and supported critical applications in an insurance / financial environment and is experienced in well-known DBMS system. This seasoned professional will need to interface with multiple client groups and IT senior management, providing them with data architecture solutions. timely and accurate status updates, short-term / long-term plans, release plans, etc. in a clear consistent manner that emphasizes performance metrics, strategic planning, continuous improvement and adherence to industry best practices.
- Position Objective
- As our Data Architect, you will report to our Director, Data Architecture who reports to our Second Vice President, Enterprise Data Architecture. Your responsibilities will include the following activities:
- Review and understand data requirements for Individual Markets, Enterprise and Group Benefits projects, with a special emphasis on projects focused on reporting, analytics and data warehousing.
- Collaborate with business and IT partners to refine and document system data requirements
- Perform data analysis activities including data profiling, creation of data dictionaries, data transformation rules and integration requirements.
- Develop, document and maintain logical and physical data models for supported applications;
- Coordinate across organizations as required to support data integration efforts;
- Support and apply data standardization policies;
- Other related activities, as assigned.
- Your Responsibilities
- Data Modeling: Develop, document and maintain logical and physical data models that accurately reflect the existing environment and update for new projects/enhancements. Work with DBA and other staff as necessary, to instantiate physical databases based on the models.
- Data Analysis & Design: Review data sources and assess data quality; determine the appropriate data inputs, outputs and integration rules and strategy. Create functional design specifications to be used by the developers.
- Model Management: Version and configuration manage data models so that they are consistent with development testing and production deployment environments.
- Information Dissemination: Publish models and metadata in the form of web pages, graphics and reports to projects, management and other interested parties in order to raise the organizational knowledge of what data exists where.
- Cross-Organizational Coordination: Interface with business units, internal IT, customers and management in the performance of duties.
- The above description includes most significant duties performed. However, other occasional work assignments not mentioned are assumed to be included. Management reserves the right to assign and/or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
- Reporting Relationships
- As our Data Architect, you will report to our Director, Data Architecture who reports to our Second Vice President, Enterprise Data Architecture.
- Your Qualifications
- Logical and Physical Data Modelling
- Expert-level data sourcing and data mapping and data analysis skills.
- Expert-level database skills – creating and optimizing queries and data structures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a project team.
- Ability to self-manage tasks to meet delivery targets.
- Insurance domain knowledge; preferably with an insurance carrier.
- HIPAA and other regulations that govern the access of data
- Relational database concepts; Strong experience in SQL Server and related technologies.
- ETL concepts, preferably Informatica or Syncsort
- Proficient in data modelling tools — preferably Erwin.
- Strong RDBMS knowledge.
- Familiarity with Hadoop and the Data Lake would be highly desirable. Familiarity with Hive, Alteryx or any other related technologies would be a huge plus.
- Familiarity with Mainframe data structures in VSAM and DB2 would be a big plus.
- 10+ Years of IT industry experience, with 5+ years of experience as a Data Architect or in data related areas.
- Developed and implemented relational data models.
- Significant experience interfacing with both customers and management.
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies like
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: Enterprise,Data Warehousing,Data Modeling
Pay Rate: DOE/If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 6 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 2785
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S