*** Direct Client Requirement ****
Title: Cobol Developer with Business Analysis
Location: Middle town, CT
Interview Type: Skype or Phone
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: C2C,C2H ,W2,
Experience: 4 YEAR
- PROJECT/SYSTEM OVERVIEW
The Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection seeks to provide temporary support continuity to maintain and continue documentation of the State COLLECT platform until a full-time position can be replaced. COLLECT is an ageing COBOL base legacy system that interfaces with the MNI/CCH Master Name Index / Computerized Criminal History system, the state’s repository for criminal history providing detailed records for all criminal activity in the state.
- SCOPE OF WORK
The Software Engineer (SE) will provide system operational oversight to include addressing system failures, documenting workflows and ensuring COLLECT remains operational.
Specific Services Required
- Technical Tasks
Special Qualifications or Circumstances:
- – Business Analysis
- – Design, development, support and administration of moderately complex to complex applications and database systems
- – Experience with developing business and functional requirements
- – Experience with batch COBOL processing
- – Experience with JCL and Procedures
- – Experience with VSAM, Focus
** additional skills desired
- Strong customer service focus
- Experience with System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with small to medium size application development projects
- Experience with assembler
Justification (Please give complete details. Note, for refill requests, the justification must include how the duties have been covered since the position became vacant and why the position duties cannot continue to be covered as it has been since the position became vacant.):
The position will be vacated on April 30th with the retirement of the state developer. It is imperative that Collect be supported. The system is utilized by All Law enforcement agencies, FBI, Treasury, Secret Service, DEA, DESPP, DCF, DMV and is the conduit for disseminating CT criminal history data to the rest of the country.
A temporary backfill consultant needs to be hired to maintain and document the current system until a full-time staff can be hired.
DESPP is seeking a contractor who is an extremely knowledgeable and productive programmer/analyst. The individual needs to highly motivated with a skill set that includes both analytical and technical knowledge with a thorough understanding of application development, database administration, information sharing, and reporting skills.
Software Engineer (100% LOE)
- Business Analysis
- Application/Process Design, Development and Implementation
- Familiarity with COBOL, JCL and SQL
- ADMINISTRATIVE CONSIDERATIONS
- Maintain the operation of the COLLECT System to include break-fix, problem identification, documenting workflows, reporting defects.
- Address COBOL code defects as needed.
- Work with members of the IT Department to coordinate problem resolution.
- Resolve open tickets related to the COLLECT system.
- Work Schedule: 8:30 to 5:00 (as well as emergency call-0uts)
State Resources and Oversight:
Oversight for this position will be through the following departments:
- 1) DESPP – Information Technology Department
- 2) DESPP – State Police Bureau of Identification
- 3) DESPP – Criminal Justice Information Systems
Security/Privacy Considerations: Individual contracted for this position will need to be cleared through a fingerprint supported criminal history check
Position Keywords: cobol , information sharing , database administration
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: 3 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: 55595
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S