*** Direct Client Requirement****
Title: Cobol Application Programmer/Analyst
Location: Atlanta, GA
Duration: 3 Months
Interview Type: Webcam or In-person
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: C2C, C2H, W2
Experience: 8 YEARS
Specific responsibilities include:
• VSAM to DB2 Conversions.
• Provide design leadership in large or complex development projects with COBOL/CICS expertise involving application development, migrations, and additions to existing applications.
• Participate in project meetings with other technical staff and business owners and subject matter experts
• Work with other leads/architects to define best practices and coding standards. Review application in progress of development to ensure compliance with overall design parameters and corporate development standards
• Assess and develop high level design requirements for project and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team. Assess detailed specifications against design requirements
• Write technical documentation including program specifications, data flow diagrams, etc.
• Guide and mentor less experienced programmers/developers on technical work/issues
• Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or other related technical discipline.
• 7+ years’ experience in coding mainframe applications using COBOL,CICS, DB2, VSAM
5+ years Easytrieve/JCL
• Experience with Java is a plus
• Experience will Dell Transaction Processing Environment/Batch Processing Environment is a plus
• Motivated self-starter – works well independently, but ability to also work well in a team environment
• Demonstrates professional behaviour under pressure
• Ability to resolve complex and diverse issues by identifying underlying or hidden problems and patterns
• Clear understanding of end-to-end application delivery in a multi-platform environment (mainframe, client server, web).
• Knowledgeable and experienced in the full Systems Development Life Cycle and Testing Methodologies.
• Comfortable in interacting with staff and management, including Executive levels.
• Must be meticulous in creating high quality, high value deliverables
• Ability to write technical design documentation in clear and understandable fashion
• Possess well developed communication skills – oral, written, listening. Good analytical and negotiation skills, and close attention to detail.
• Ability to multitask and stay well organized
• Must have strong collaboration skills
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: 3 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: 630214
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.