***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Cloud/AWS Technical Operations Manager with PMP
Location : Carlsbad, CA (100% Remote)
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 12+ Months
Interview Type : Skype
Work Status : Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S
Job Type : W2
Experience : 10 years
Prefer W2 : U S C/ G C /H1B Transfer/OPT/CPT/H4 EAD and other US work authorization
The Technical Operations Engineer is responsible for the full build, delivery and deployment lifecycle of Digital Science’s platform and software products. The Technical Operations (TechOps) team manages customer environments and deployments and works closely with support and services teams. The Operations team is responsible deployment architecture, and its automation and operations. The team works closely with Corporate Information Security (CIS), Corporate IT, QA and compliance teams to ensure required standards are met. The Operations Engineer is also responsible for increasing developer and tester productivity by developing and supporting tools and automation to deliver quality software and for maintaining reliability of managed services for our customers.
• Design, maintain and improve quality, performance, scalability and availability of 24X7 production and internal environments.
• Proactively monitor services and respond to and troubleshoot issues.
• Escalate problems (when required) to appropriate team members.
• Maintain processes, tools, and documentation in support of the customer environments.
• Work closely with rest of the Operations team members across geographical boundaries and build strong relationships with cross-functional teams.
• Identify opportunities to implement automation and carry through on implementation.
• Plan and perform scheduled maintenance and product upgrades (during and after-hours) on rotation basis.
• Build/support CI/CD pipelines. Deploy new versions of software.
• Work in scheduled on-call rotation.
• Author and contribute to Infrastructure Documentation and Knowledgebase.
• Implement information security management systems and compliance controls
• Stay current with latest technical and security breakthroughs and vulnerabilities and industry best practices.
• Implement, test and operate advanced security techniques in compliance with industry best practices.
• Develop and manage an information security strategy for products and processes.
• Design security controls with the Cloud shared responsibility model and global infrastructure.
• Design identity/access management and governance controls.
• Design protection of Data at Rest and in Flight, and Network Perimeter controls.
• Implement and manage automated network security, application security, auditing and validation.
• Counsel your colleagues on information security practices.
• Leverage attack tools to test for vulnerabilities.
• Gain a thorough knowledge of attack vectors that may be used to exploit software.
• Research/identify flaws and remedy mistakes.
• with Corporate Informatics Security (CIS) teams to share ideas and implement corporate requirements.
• Work with software and operations teams to align security practices across solutions delivered to customers.
Education / Experience
• Typically, a graduate with a BS/MS degree (Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related field), or four years of related experience
• 4 years of professional experience with the tools and technologies required for the role
• Development tools, programming languages and application frameworks
• Agile methodologies, the software development life cycle
• Commitment to Continuous Learning
• Willing and able to stay informed on industry trends
• Experience running medium to large scale multi-tier distributed systems with Linux/Unix, Windows OS, Kubernetes, VMWare, Apache Tomcat and Java
• Compute, Cloud & Network: Architecting and Automating Software Integrations and Delivery in the Cloud; Linux; Virtualization; Containers; Kubernetes; Cloud Platform(e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud); System Design; Network fundamentals, Network Security, Network Virtualization; Network Architectures; Governance and Change Management; Highly Available 24x7x365 operations experience; DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering; Agile methodologies; scripting and infrastructure as code, python.
• Software Architecture: Knowledge and experience of multi-tier HA modern applications; SOA; Microservices; API/Web services
• CI/CD: Build/Test/Deployment Automation; Jenkins, Azure DevOps; Git; CloudFormation, Terraform; Deployment Architecture
• Security: Security Operations and Automation; Industry standards and compliance, e.g., HIPAA, SOC, ISO, GxP, GDPR, CCPA, etc.; Security Best Practices; Encryption, Authentication/authorization, Integrity; Tools: vulnerability scans, penetration testing; IDS/IPS, WAF; OWASP
• Databases: DB Administration, Finetuning, Management; Knowledge of DB Models, Highly Available DB Architectures and Design
• Knowledge of agile software development and release management processes
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure environment
• Exceptional customer service orientation
• Systematic approach to problem solving and strong sense of ownership
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Certifications: Cloud Certification (AWS, Azure, Google), Project Management Certification (PMP, Certified Scrum Master), Security/Compliance (CISSP, Certified Ethical Hacker, CISM), Kubernetes
• Programming: Scripting, Python, Perl, Infrastructure as Code, Java, Groovy, Go.
• Experience with compliance and regulatory programs Service Organization Controls (SOC), HIPAA, NIST, FISMA.
• Informatics experience with LIMS and other related software packages is high desirable
• Open to working flexible hours.
• In-person and online meeting collaboration
• Requires flexibility to work across multiple time zones
Few additional soft skills/requirement
• Customer Needs/Focus
o High level of awareness of customer expectations for SaaS services, e.g., high availability, security, reliability, compliance, quality
o Able to deliver solutions based on customer needs and solve problems
• Excellent Communications:
o Written, verbal and presentation skills
o Clear and accurate design documents; blogs explaining ideas and concepts
o Ensure sufficient communication with all stakeholders
• Builds Relationships
o Works collaboratively with other team members and other teams, and built trusts
o Handles conflicts politely and respectfully. Positive can-do attitude
o Adapts quickly to change and new circumstances. Open to new ideas and suggestions.
• Follows Processes
o QMS, Agile, SDLC
• Time Management
o Prioritizes tasks appropriately
o Meets Commitments
o Kanban board and PI commitments
o Ownership of tasks and responsibilities
• Responsiveness and Pro-activeness
o Responds to critical issues in a timely manner; Performs Root Cause Analysis; Learns from feedback and ensure pro-active approach to issues
o Ability to manage tasks and set/meet/exceed expectations
• Organizational Skills
o Able to stay focused on different initiatives, and use your time, energy, strength, mental capacity, etc. effectively and efficiently in order to achieve the desired outcome. Able to connect right resource[s], organize efforts and help solve problems.
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Pay Rate: DOE/If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Employer
Job ID: OOJ - 2665
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S