***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : IT Business Analyst evaluate UI/UX
Location : Denver, CO
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 6 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Work Status : Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S
Job Type : C2C,C2H, W2
Experience : 5 years
Prefer W2 : U S C/ G C /H1B Transfer/OPT/CPT/H4 EAD and other US work authorization are accepted
The focus of a business analyst is to document, review and analyze an organization’s business, including its intentions, business services, processes, and information needs to assist the organization to implement changes that lead to an improved operating environment. The business analyst serves as a conduit in the development of technology and process improvement solutions between the business unit, stakeholders, and solution delivery teams. This position serves as a liaison with stakeholders to document a solid understanding of how the business is currently operating, future goals, and the steps required to achieve those goals. This understanding allows the business analyst to assist the organization in evaluating and defining existing and future business services, processes, organizational structure and other relevant information with the goal of identifying the best way to effect business change and achieve identified goals.
The Trails Business Analyst is responsible for: understanding the strategic vision of the customer; the mission and vision of associated stakeholder organizations; and the Office of Information Technology. This position is responsible for blending communication and strategies as a conduit toward understanding: the current business state; desired future business state; the required cultural, policy, business process, and rule; and changes to processes and / or technology needed to achieve those identified goals.
The Trails Business Analyst is capable of establishing a trusted relationship with clients and stakeholders and demonstrates the ability to successfully influence and implement change through these relationships. This position handles simultaneous requests while building and maintaining relationships across customer functional groups, OIT functional groups, and vendors.
The Trails Business Analyst is responsible for documenting the client’s existing business processes. The business analyst will work with other members of the organization to translate business problems or needs into business requirements and functional specifications in order to differentiate between technology opportunities and business process opportunities.
Operationally, the Trails Business Analyst supports the organization by working with management, stakeholders, Office of Information Technology (OIT) coworkers, vendors, and other business analysts to ensure tools and technology support the information gathering process, gap analysis, and subsequent traceability through development and support of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for the identified project effort or solution.
Overview of the project
The Business Analyst will be dedicated to work as a BA for the Comprehensive Child Welfare Case Management Information System (CCWIS) known as Trails. The Trails team collaborates with state program staff, county staff, and the Colorado Department of Human to keep Trails operational and direct needed system updates to appropriate stakeholders. Trails helps children/youth/family-serving professionals who want children/youth/families to thrive by documenting needs, linking to resources, providing services and strengthening families. Trails is a complex system with over 99 interfaces with 13 other systems. It is the system of record for child abuse and neglect in the state of Colorado, and is utilized to meet state laws and federal requirements.
Area of focus
UI/UX Design – This BA will drive best practices in user-centered design for the Trails product. The Trails product serves DYS, PSU and Child Welfare divisions. (see descriptions below) The BA will advocate for the people engaging with and impacted by the system to support iterative and user-centric improvements. They will work in a cross-functional team with experts in product strategy, technical architecture, software engineering, and procurement. This person should be comfortable contributing hands-on as well as mentoring others in adopting and improving upon human-centered design practices. Conduct design research (both generative and evaluative) that is thoughtful and ethical. This BA will:
- Communicate compelling stories and artifacts drawn from research that illustrate the pros and cons of various options to support collaborative decision making.
- Provide leadership and guidance on topics like interaction design, service design, and information architecture.
- Partner with other BAs and/or product owners to generate an innovative, high-level product strategy as well as the practical project steps and considerations to get there.
- Incorporate UX into agile development sprints, coordinating with a cross-functional team to achieve a strategic vision.
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure a high quality and accessible user experience.
Division of Youth Services (DYS) – DYS provides a continuum of residential and non-residential services that encompass juvenile detention, commitment and parole. DYS is the agency statutorily mandated to provide for the care and supervision of youth committed by the District Court to the custody of the Colorado Department of Human Services. The Division operates ten secure facilities that serve youth between the ages of 10 and 21, who are pre-adjudicated, sentenced, or committed. The Division also contracts with numerous private residential and non-residential service providers throughout the State. For pre-adjudicated youth, the Division is also responsible for the management and oversight of Senate Bill 91-94; a State-funded, locally administered program that provides services to youth at risk of further progressing into the juvenile justice system. In addition to residential programming, the Division administers juvenile parole services throughout the State.
Placement Services Unit (PSU) – PSU exists to license, manage, supervise and provide statewide oversight for privately operated 24-hour childcare facilities and agencies, to include Residential Child Care Facilities, Secure Residential Treatment Centers, Psychiatric Residential Treatment Centers, Homeless Youth Shelters, Specialized Group Homes and Centers, Child Placement Agencies, Adoption Agencies, and Day Treatment Facilities across the State of Colorado. The goals of the unit are to ensure the health, safety and well-being of the youth served in those facilities. The work unit is responsible for comprehensive integrated (Interagency) licensing and monitoring of the 24-hour childcare facilities and to audit and investigate reports/allegations involving licensing violations, facility or agency culpability, and to ensure the safety of children in out-of-home placements
Child Welfare – Colorado’s child welfare system is state supervised and administered by Colorado’s 64 counties. The Division of Child Welfare oversees child welfare practice, provides policy direction and provides 80 percent of the funding for services. Counties contribute approximately 20 percent of the funding through local revenues.
CDHS’s Division of Child Welfare is composed of a specialized set of services that strengthen the ability of the family to protect and care for their own children, minimize harm to children and youth, and ensure timely permanency planning. Services stabilize the family situation and strengthen the family’s capacity to care for their children. When safety is not possible within the family, services focus on the child’s need for a stable, permanent home as quickly as possible.
Child welfare services include:
- Prevention and intervention – services for children, youth and families at risk of involvement with child welfare
- Youth in conflict – services to reduce or eliminate conflicts between youth and their family members or the community when conflicts affect the youth’s well being, the normal functioning of the family, or the well-being of the community
- Child protection services – provided to protect children whose physical, mental or emotional well-being is being threatened by the actions or omissions of parents, legal guardians, custodians, or persons responsible for providing out-of-home care.
- Children or youth who have been adopted through foster care, children and youth with Medicaid-only services, and youth whose permanency goal is no longer reunification.
- Decrease the number of help desk tickets requesting data analyst fixes within Trails.
- Document current business processes and Trails functionality
- Observe how end-users utilize Trails and document where data entry errors occur
- Recommend improvements to Trails to decrease data entry errors
- Interpret changes in business processes and recommend system enhancements/changes
- Understand current business processes and Trails functionality
- Interpret new laws and/or business needs to propose possible system enhancements
- Gather requirements for new user stories
- Document user stories, along with test case scenarios
- Wireframe tools (Balsamique, Adobe XD, etc.)
- Agile development
- User requirements gathering (agile)
- Crystal report
- Oracle databases
- Experience working with social services agencies
- Experience with Scrum/Agile methodologies
- Certification in Six Sigma, Lean, or other accepted process improvement methodology
- Understanding of application design, development, testing, integration, and support
- Experience in business process re-engineering
- Experience with requirements management tools
- Public sector work experience as a business analyst
- Relevant business analyst or IT coursework
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: UI/UX,Business Analysis,Wireframe tools (Balsamique, Adobe XD,,Agile,Crystal Reports,C#,ADO.NET,SQL,Oracle databases
Pay Rate: DOE/If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 6 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 2576
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S