*** Direct Client Requirement ****
Title: Business analyst
Location: Des Moines, IA
Duration: 12 Months
Interview Type: In-Person only
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: C2C,C2H ,W2,
Experience: 6 YEARS
The Division of Information Technology (DOIT) provides adaptable, secure, and cost-effective technology services and solutions across the Department of Human Services (DHS) Divisions, Partners and Citizens. We manage all of DHS’s IT assets, projects and resources, and we deliver technology and expertise to support Citizens of Iowa and their families every day. This includes consistently delivering top tier performance and value to citizens as a trusted partner and services provider.
DoIT is committed to the pursuit of creative and innovative solutions that enable our Agency to help Iowans achieve healthy, safe, stable and self-sufficient lives through the programs and services we provide. We strive for an IT culture that identifies the newest, most effective solutions through discovery, open discussion and collaboration. We have fun together, care about each other and take pride in the solutions we provide. We believe in continuously optimizing our processes, refining our solutions and improving ourselves to the benefit of the Iowans we serve. If you are passionate about applying your creative and innovative architecture strategies and approaches across the Department of Human Services enterprise then this is the role for you!
Responsibilities will be to work directly with the business and technical teams to gather and document requirements for various Iowa DHS system and programs.
Responsibilities of business analyst role include but are not limited to:
• Creating, presenting and maintaining user stories, acceptance criteria, demo expectations and design documents in DHS defined systems.
• Creating/documenting, tracing, maintaining, prioritizing, and assessing changes to business processes and the associated requirements
• Working closely with key decision makers, systems owners and end users in support of core processes and critical business objectives
• Conducting research to obtain data, analyzing problems to advise and recommend solutions
• Querying and analyzing data to determine solutions, such as installation of alternate methods and procedures, changes in processing methods and practices, or redesign of products or services
• Advising client or department heads on alternate methods of solving needs or problems, and recommending specific solutions
• Working within an agile methodology framework with a focus on delivering value and adjusting rapidly to produce the most effective outcome
• Working closely with all IT organizations and driving projects to successful completion
A successful candidate for this role is expected to possess the following skills and experience:
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse group of team members, including executives, managers, IT professionals, and subject matter experts
• Experience in process mapping, group facilitation, data gathering and analysis, and phases of project life cycle (requirements gathering, design, development, deployment, training, and measuring effectiveness.)
• Experience delivering software as part of an agile delivery team
• Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio
• Experience with requirement gathering software such as Azure DevOps, TFS, JIRA, or RTC.
• Analyze business strategy and user needs, document specifications, and translate business objectives into proper system requirement specifications
• Guide business customers through business case development for new applications/functionality, including cost / benefit analysis and risk / impact analysis
• Understanding of how to deliver value through realizations of benefits, avoidance of cost, identify new opportunities and modernizing the organization
• Focus on continuous improvement for both the business process and the underlying technologies and system support
• Strong ability to decompose complex concepts into smaller tasks while maintaining end-to-end business process focus
• Work closely with other Business Units to identify and deliver Enterprise value
• Experience providing consulting services to governmental entities
• Skilled at consulting with executive-level stakeholders to define business needs or problems
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Keywords: Azure DevOps, TFS, JIRA, or RTC.
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: 3 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S