**** Direct Client Requirement****
Title: Backup & Storage Engineer
Location: NW Washington, DC
Duration: Long term
Interview Type: WebCam
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: W2 only!
Experience: 7 YEARS
This Backup and Storage Engineer position will work within ITSSM team which builds and operates a large, hybrid IT infrastructure, with thousands of servers, hundreds of databases and petabytes of data, spanning multiple colocation sites, AWS and Azure. It utilizes modern, infrastructure as code tools like Chef, Terraform, Azure Devops and Splunk, to support critical operations.
- Work as part of a team to engineer, implement and operate scalable, highly available solutions on-premises and in the Cloud
- Function as an expert resource for all data storage and backup service area, this includes complex architectures required by mission critical and non-critical applications.
- Design, implement, and maintain enterprise scale storage and backup systems, SAN and NAS disk array solutions. These systems and solutions include: Pure, Dell/EMC IDPA, Avamar, Data Domain and Networker, IBM Spectrum Protect / IBM Tivoli Storage Manager, Netapp AltaVault and Storage Grid.
- Assist with implementing new backup policies and provide input for developing local operating procedures and policies as needed or requested.
- Managing cloud storage such as EBS volumes, snapshot, Storage gateway and S3.
- Provide proactive monitoring of the ongoing operations of the backup systems and provide utilization reports to identify problems and corrective actions as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in Storage and Backup at enterprise level environment.
- Expert knowledge in design and administration of Dell/EMC IDPA, Avamar, Data Domain and Networker
- Good experience with Dell/EMC Data protection suits
- Extensive knowledge of large database performance and storage integration.
- Extensive experience with NDMP, CIFS, NFS, deduplication and compression.
- Extensive knowledge of SAN and NAS constructs (LUNs, Aggregation, Volume / Filesystem, Replication, Snapshots, QTrees / Virtual Volumes).
- Experience developing code in at least one high-level programing language and in automation/testing via scripting/programing (e.g. Python, unix Shell, PowerShell).
- Knowledge on installation, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of Pure all Flash storage systems, Brocade SAN Switches and Cisco storage networking gear (Ethernet and fibre channel).
- Strong knowledge of the performance boundaries of physical disks (spinning and flash) and the measures taken by storage system vendors to compensate.
- Understanding knowledge of IBM Spectrum Protect / IBM Tivoli Storage Manager, Netapp AltaVault and Storage Grid
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP communications, SAN, and FC Networks
- Experience in at least one of the following IT areas: Unix, Windows, VMware.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to define problems and analyze the root cause.
- Self-starter with a track record in learning new technologies
- Experience in splunk query and building dashboard.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player
- Identify opportunities for innovation.
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Position Keywords: SPLUNK , NDMP , TROUBLESHOOTING , AWS , IBM SPECTRUM PROTECT , TERRAFORM , UNIX , ETHERNET , CHEF , IBM TIVOLI STORAGE MANAGER , NAS , UNIX SHELL , PYTHON , NFS , AZURE , SAN , VMWARE
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: Long term
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: NTT DATA
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S