***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Azure SQL Server Administrator
Location : Denver, CO
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 12 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C,C2H, W2
Experience : 8 years
The Colorado Department of Education (“CDE” or “the Department”) has been awarded a grant which includes the Implementation of Common Education Data Standards (CEDS) databases and an upgrade of the CDE infrastructure. CDE currently has an Oracle database environment. As part of this effort, CDE will be implementing cloud-based Microsoft Azure, SQL Server database and Web App Server. CDE will be utilizing this environment to install the open-source Common Education Data Standards (CEDS) Integrated Data Store (IDS) and Generate tool. Generate is a web application that used for Federal reporting. CDE is seeking a contractor with experience implementing and configuring a cloud-based Microsoft Azure environment under similar circumstances. This individual would also be responsible for providing recommendations, documentation, and knowledge transfer to the CDE staff.
IMPLEMENT AND CONFIGURE A MICROSOFT AZURE SQL SERVER DATBASE AND ASSOCIATED TOOLS.
1 With the guidance of the CDE Enterprise Architect, the contractor shall review documentation created by a third party, who performed an assessment for CDE based on use cases to (1) create a CEDS database, (2) populate the CEDS database from the existing CDE data warehouse and (3) transition from an Oracle based solution to a Microsoft solution, (4) an implementation plan including training and skill development.
- The contractor shall demonstrate his understanding of the overall project goals and the specific goals as pertains to the contractor’s assignment for this project to the satisfaction of the enterprise architect.
3. The contractor be able to advise and provide guidance on the requested work.
4. The contractor shall provision Microsoft Azure.
5. The contractor shall create a virtual machine with Microsoft SQL server installed to create a “development” database.
6. The contractor shall integrate Microsoft Azure resources into the CDE environment. Azure Portal administration, Azure app Service, Azure Data Factory, Azure Load Balancer, Azure Container Registry, Azure Service Bus, Azure Archive storage, Azure VPN Network, Azure Cosmos DB, etc.
7. Understand and advise on associated networking and firewall/ACL (access control) rules.
8. Install a CEDS database as proof of concept.
9. The contractor shall thoroughly test and document each step taken and perform knowledge transfer to the CDE staff.
- Contractor shall work closely and collaboratively with the Department’s Project
Manager/Enterprise Architect throughout the duration of the Purchase Order to discuss
suggestions or issues and incorporate guidance from the Department while performing
the work described within this Statement of Work.
The Contractor shall alert the Department’s Enterprise Architect, when issues or potential
risks are encountered that will affect the project.
3. The Contractor shall provide documentation to the Enterprise Architect. This
documentation must provide details on the work provided and at a level a Department
employee can use the information to support the work at the end of the contract.
4. The Contractor shall submit detailed status reports or participate in weekly status
meetings as required by the Department during the engagement.
5. The Contractor shall attend required meetings with the required project stakeholders as
directed by the Department. These meetings will be scheduled by a Department
employee. All questions and communication should go through the Enterprise Architect,
6. Contractor shall retain all work papers generated for reference through the duration of the
project and project acceptance.
7. Contractor shall respond to all telephone calls, voicemail and e-mail inquiries from the
Department within one business day.
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Azure SQL Database — Must be able to implement and configure a Microsoft Azure SQL Server Database and associated tools.
- CEDS — Install a CEDS database as proof of concept.
- Firewalls — Understand and advise on associated networking and firewall/ACL (access control) rules
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: Azure Service Bus, Azure Archive storage, Azure VPN Network, Azure Cosmos DB,,Azure app Service, Azure Data Factory, Azure Load Balancer,
Pay Rate: DOE/If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3152