***** Direct Client Requirement *****
Title: (AWS) Senior Project Manager
Location: Denver, CO
Duration: 6 Months
Interview Type: Skype or Phone
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: Full-Time,W2,C2H, C2C,
Experience: 10 years
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to defined timelines and within the allocated budget. The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that business and end users are consulted with and their input garnered for the project at hand.
Responsible for assisting agency executive management, division directors, and information technology (IT) staff and leading project tasks, resources, including State personnel and deliverables.
Use appropriate project management tools, reports, templates, mentoring, training, and coaching to IT project teams.
Work directly with agency staff, as well as vendors and, when necessary, other state agencies in fulfilling and carrying out the requirements of assigned IT projects.
Utilize project management best practices, including risk management, quality management, change management, change control and communication.
Manage by providing leadership, collaboration, supervision, training, guidance and support to all IT project team members on assigned projects.
Lead the effort for ensuring agency compliance with the State’s project management policies and standards.
OIT is looking for a project manager/stakeholder relationship manager to drive multiple initiatives for the CBMS and PEAK applications, with a heavy focus on communication, change management, and coordination with stakeholders.
CBMS is hosted on Amazon Web Services with the user interface fully in Salesforce Lightning Experience. This position is a leadership role focused on optimizing our presence in the cloud. Additionally, this position will manage projects that have been initiated for future releases, including hardware and software improvements, multi-factor authentication for system users, and cost optimization.
The project manager will work with stakeholders to develop requirements/user stories, plan work to achieve milestones and completion timelines, facilitate meetings or stand-ups, track risks and issues, and report status to stakeholders. The plan and the burndown rate for the backlog will need to align with management timelines for project completion.
The initiatives will be impactful to system operation and managing this work requires a proven history of working with many stakeholder groups and implementing change management. Some local travel to counties for meetings may be necessary and will not be reimbursed separately. Experience with AWS is required.
Primary job duties include the following:
- Facilitate meetings across several teams and serve as the manager over multiple initiatives across multiple vendors. Some local travel to metro counties or other stakeholder locations is required.
- Maintain issue logs and document risk mitigation strategies
- Utilize a strong understanding of software development methodologies when formulating work plans/sprints
- Utilize a personal basic understanding of technical infrastructure in a cloud environment to drive questions/analysis to ensure completeness of sprints
- Create status reports, meeting notes and presentations using Microsoft products or Google Docs.
- Schedule meetings and conferences calls
- Track the status of project tasks by communication with task owners
- Maintain concurrent project plans
- Author documents to summarize risks, issues, solution alternatives, status or other for delivery to customers and executives
- Participate in release planning and command centers, as appropriate based on the initiative
- Experience with hosting in Amazon Web Service
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a system development environment
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience developing and managing technical projects, both waterfall and Agile
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience delivering projects
- Clear Communicator (written and verbal)
- Expert knowledge of common business applications; such as, Google Docs, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Microsoft Project
- Strong analytical and research skills using the internet and other tools
- Strong verbal communication skills and ability to facilitate a planning session or meeting
- Understanding of data governance, including the security requirements for PII and PHI.
- Must be able to work independently and be proactive in reaching for information
- Must be comfortable in an environment with rapid change, multiple vendors and multiple concurrent work streams and scrums
- Understanding of a government environment, Colorado state or county experience preferred
- Experience in a cloud environment, Salesforce or AWS environment preferred
- Experience working in a government and specifically eligibility and enrollment environment, CBMS experience preferred
- Experience in the application of commonly accepted concepts and practices specific to user training and organization change management
- Available for occasional non-business hour work
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Position Keywords: Amazon Web Service,waterfall and Agile
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: 6 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: FR#75964
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S