**** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : AWS Cloud Architect
Location : Denver, CO
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 6 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C, W2, 1099
Experience : 9+ Years
This role will lead and collaborate with the Project Vendor, the Solution Architect and the OIT AWS team, for the provisioning, testing, configuration, migration and management of the UIM project’s AWS infrastructure. The candidate must have strong experience with AWS cloud technologies and AWS services. This role will be responsible for assisting with the administration, network, security, and access management within the AWS Virtual Private Clouds that host the UIM system. This position will work with the OIT cloud team to implement best practices for AWS services and help improve AWS knowledge transfer, and assist with importing orphaned AWS resources into management under standard Infrastructure as Code tooling. This position will also support data migration activities for the system that leverage legacy services and enables many endpoints receiving data via batch methods. The AWS Architect will partner with infrastructure, devops, and application teams to recognize existing guidelines, policies and standards to ensure the delivery of cloud solutions to solve complex problems. This role will also help implement standards, create detailed reference documentation, participate in service restoration activities, and mitigation of networking and communication issues
The ideal candidate will have:
Minimum of 5 years of Cloud architecture and management experience.
Architecture level knowledge of AWS.
Design, deployment, and life cycle support for AWS workspaces, Elastic Cloud Compute, Elastic Load Balancers, Simple Storage Service, Relational Database Services, Virtual Private Cloud, Cloudwatch, RDS, FSx, Certificate Manager, and Route 53
Demonstrated success planning and executing the migration of complex applications and infrastructure services.
Demonstrated experience with Infrastructure-As-Code and infrastructure deployment with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines
Creation of design documents/diagrams to show environment topology and data/process flows
Experience with disaster recovery planning, implementation, and testing
Experience analyzing and implementing cloud cost/performance optimization
Enabled and supported infrastructure for moving large amounts of data.
Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills to resolve complex problems.
Strong collaboration, communication and coordination skills to achieve optimal participation from project resources.
The AWS Architect will use appropriate and secure infrastructure practices to ensure the confidentiality, availability and integrity of the UIM systems and its data. The role will work directly with agency staff, vendors, and the OIT AWS support team in fulfilling and executing the requirements of assigned IT tasks. This work shall be performed in a way aligned with the technical strategy, business needs, contract requirements and within the OIT approved technical architecture. Preferred experience is the managing and leading the technical infrastructure for large projects leveraging AWS services. *AWS Solutions Architect Professional certification required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a field of study related to the work assignment, to include Computer Sciences, Computer Information Systems, Cybersecurity or other related technical degrees.
5 years of professional experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position to include AWS Engineering support in an Enterprise Environment.
Conditions of Employment:
- Pre Employment criminal background check: OIT Standard Criminal; May require agency-specific background checks to include tax compliance, integrity interview, polygraph exam, and/or CBI, fingerprint-based criminal screens if needed.
- Pre-employment physical: May require agency-specific physical exam if needed to provide support to some agencies.
- Pre-employment drug testing: May require an agency-specific drug test if needed to support some agencies.
- Comparative Analysis Process: is the selection process used to identify the applicant that fits the job the best from a qualified applicant pool. Applications and applicants are compared to others in the pool to identify a top group. Applicants will be notified of their status in the pool via email.
- On-call Status: May be required to fulfill on-call duties as needed by position.
- Driver’s License: Incumbent must possess a valid, state-issued drivers’ license, as periodic travel to various locations in the Denver metro may be required.
- AWS Engineer – AWS Engineering support in an Enterprise Environment Proficient (4-6 Years)
- Cloud – Cloud architecture and management experience Proficient (4-6 Years)
- Infrastructure-As-Code Novice (1-3 Years)
- Testing Experience with disaster recovery planning, implementation, and testing Novice (1-3 Years)
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Pay Rate: DOE/If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 6 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Employer