** Direct Client Requirement ****
Title: Automation Engineer
Location: NW Washington, DC
Duration: 6 Months
Interview Type: In Person only
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: C2C,C2H ,W2,
Experience: 5 YEARS
Our client, an international financial institution based in has a position available for an Automation Engineer:
- Develop scripts to automate and manage Cloud and on-prem infrastructures using python or other frameworks.
- Develop automation scripts using Terraform to build out various middleware platforms and Cloud native services on AWS and Azure.
- Responsible for analyzing automation requirements and code development.
- Automate Cloud provisioning using AWS CFT, Azure ARM templates, etc.,
- Develop Chef cookbooks to provision JBoss, Tomcat, IIS and other application software’s.
- Evaluate tools in this space and perform or create proof of concepts.
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation describing hardware setups, diagrams, etc.
- Administer, configure and support JBoss EAP, Tomcat, IBM WebSphere, Elastic Search, IIS, etc.
- Partner with internal clients and provide project support as needed.
- Participate in the “On Call” 24×7 production support.
- Monitor overall operational landscape availability in order to ensure adherence to agreed service levels.
- Perform troubleshooting, follow up and root cause analysis.
- Continuous improvement based on the issues discovered ongoing basis.
- Identify and manage dependencies with other systems and elements of the IT infrastructure.
- Good knowledge of enterprise systems, networking, TCP/IP.
- Good understanding and knowledge of networking, storage, virtualization, and web and cloud technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, LDAP, SiteMinder, DNS, Networking, Load balancers and security principles.
- Demonstrated ITIL v2/v3 process skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks under pressure without direct supervision, working both independently and with a team.
- Professional presence, with an ability to interact with contractor and staff team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Math, Computer Science or Engineering.
- Role Specific Experience: 3+ years of experience with thorough knowledge and understanding of infrastructure as code, infrastructure automation, DevOps and Cloud.
- Experience working on AWS and Azure Cloud.
- Experience in designing and implementing infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Experience with Unix/Linux and Windows server operating systems.
- Experience using monitoring tools such as Splunk, App Dynamics, PerfMon etc.
- Experience in configuring and managing JBoss EAP, Tomcat, IBM WebSphere, Elastic Search, IIS, etc.
- Experience in automating administrative tasks using scripting languages like PowerShell, Python, Shell script, etc.
- Experience using various Database systems like Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, DocumentDB and other Cloud native databases.
- Experience in DevOps workflows and common CI/CD tools (Azure DevOps, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience implementing different authentication types like SiteMinder, Azure AD, LDAP, etc.
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S