* * Direct Client Requirement *****
Title: Applications Systems Analyst
Location: Denver, CO
Duration: 6 Months
Interview Type: Skype or Phone
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: C2C,C2H,W2
Experience: 6 YEARS
The Engineering Applications Unit exists to collaboratively foster the increasing use of technological application/support principles and methodologies as a means to improve engineering practices in transportation. The unit’s goal is to ensure efficient and cross functional technology methods and architecture to obtain complete and accurate data that can be used to facilitate all areas of engineering: design, pre-construction, construction, materials and project management. The unit will provide a high level of engineering system support determining business requirements and rules governing differential access according to department and customer needs.
This position is to support the Unit’s engineering systems as a System Support Specialist. The position analyses and supports applications within the Engineering Applications Unit. This position provides technical assistance and training to employees and contractors. The position analyzes services and trends, facilitates user requests and responses, and collaborates with the Office of Information Technology (OIT) for areas of access control and/or system issue resolution. The primary purpose for this position is to fulfill obligations regarding technical user support and assistance.
- Provide assistance to the engineering staff and contractors in support of system engagement and use.
- Perform Tier II level (first contact: emails, answering calls, in-person, etc.) of end user support regarding system issues and tracking to resolution and determining root cause analysis.
- Provide daily help desk services (application entry, routine service tasks) regarding the supported systems for user operations.
- Perform daily user management monitoring and maintenance activities.
- Take ownership of issues and requests that come in through by triaging, prioritizing, and assigning tasks to ensure timely resolution and escalate depending on need by coordinating/communicating with OIT.
- Assist system users who do not understand how to input or interpret data entry.
- Research user questions and issues to effectively prioritize and escalate as required.
- Troubleshoot system issues and workflow requirements of complex application systems.
- Assist in the recommended modifications of systems to meet the needs of end users.
- Investigate system problems and identify options for resolution by researching requirements, reviewing training protocols and information gathering from SMEs.
- Independently investigate system problems to determine cause (i.e., hardware, software, user error, lack of training, need for clarity in program guidance, etc.) and use reasoning and judgement to evaluate options, develop and implement solutions that meet standards and criteria.
- Select the most appropriate plan of action to resolve end user needs.
- Provide outstanding customer service and problem solving skills.
- Effectively interact with technical and non-technical staff at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrate ability to work successfully with a diverse group of customers.
- Understand business functions related to the supported applications.
- Maintain a current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Maintain excellent communication with all levels of management, be responsive to customers, and provide appropriate training and cross training to other team members.
- Perform user onboarding/offboarding for engineering applications
- Coordinate the creation/deletion and management of user credentials with OIT for supported systems.
- Coordinate associated system role based access.
- Ensure user access protocols are adhered too and user has access to appropriate systems.
- Assist in system testing and training development
- Testing of system upgrades/new releases and work with SME and OIT for issue resolution.
- Assist in determining the best or most efficient training techniques.
- Assist in providing system improvements.
- Consults with SME to determine testing methods and protocols.
- Assist in documenting new system releases.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure release alignment with business key results and strategic priorities.
- Assist with change control and change management processes for release/enhancements
02/10/2020 – 06/30/2020
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Position Keywords: SME,testing
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: 6 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: Colorado Department of Transportation
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.