**** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Agile Project Manager
Location : Lincoln, NE
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 12 Months
Interview Type : Skype only
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 10 Years
The Client is seeking one experienced Sr. Project Manager to work in the Information Systems and Technology Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO). The Sr. Project Manager will facilitate project initiation, planning, execution, measurement and control activities for a variety a highly visible project across multiple divisions associated with the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services projects portfolio.
Broadly, the position consists of some or all of the following activities:
- Start-up: chartering project objectives; defining project scope; building the project team; creating initial project budgets; identifying stakeholders; setting up project governance structures; creating project control processes and artifacts
- Planning: facilitating the development of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and drafting project plans; setting up project tools and infrastructure; conducting initial meetings with governance groups; creating project controls for issue, risk and financial management; beginning project reporting and task management / measurement
- Business Requirements: facilitating the work of teams in translating business objectives and vision into clear business requirements
- Technical Requirements: facilitate work with technical teams and system integrators to deliver functionality and needs as defined in the business requirements
- Requirements Traceability: possesses strong understanding of the importance and methods utilized to have sound requirements traceability from contract through implementation.
- Solution design: facilitating the work of teams in defining concepts and principles for “as-is” and “to-be” states; conducting gap, process and workflow analysis
- Solution implementation: executing project implementation activities to install; monitor and manage solution in whole or in phases
- Implementation assurance: facilitate the work of teams in monitoring and correcting the solution to create a stable operational system for ongoing use
- Project Closeout: conducting lessons learned workshops; archiving project artifacts and documentation; measuring business objectives to compare with project outcomes; turning over solution to operational management
Note: Candidates may drive, or assist/facilitate others in driving, the tasks above depending on experience. Specific regular duties for this position is listed in “Duties”, below.
The qualified candidate(s) will possess:
- Medium to Large-scale project experience
- Very strong skills in managing project management systems and tools
- Strong facilitation and team leadership capabilities
- Previous project leadership experience; including other project managers
- Solid understanding of Project Management and Systems Development lifecycles
- Verbal and written communication agility; especially to the executive level
- Ability to enable stakeholder collaboration and engagement
- Strong background, understanding, and experience with driving organizational change.
An onsite interview may be required before a contract is finalized.
Duties: Under the general direction of IS&T management and defined project leadership, implements and operates critical project management processes within PMLC guidelines and best practice. Assists in the development, creation and maintenance of project plans, artifacts and associated reporting. Assists with financial reporting and controls as directed. Works with other projects and PMs to integrate and manage project plans, tasks and reporting. Communicates formally and informally with project leadership as directed. Works independently with diverse groups to proactively identify and execute on areas where project tools, project process or project infrastructure can be used to facilitate better outcomes. Ensure compliance with state and/or federal requirements related to implementation.
- Agile Project management experience
- SAFE certification
- At least three years of strong experience with project planning, resource planning, and work plan development, and project management processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to gather and provide information effectively when under pressure, regardless of audience.
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and have exceptional collaboration skills with all levels of business and technical staff.
- Strong organization, planning, problem solving, and decision making skills. Comfortable prioritizing and managing multiple tasks with minimal direction.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio).
- Complete fluency in speaking and writing in the English language is required.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) including: requirements gathering, design, development, testing, training, quality assurance, development methods/techniques, testing methods/techniques and implementation planning and execution.
- Experience with multiple project management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, LEAN)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- At least ten years of medium to large-scale project experience in a project management role.
- At least ten years of strong experience with project planning, resource planning, work plan development, and project management processes.
- PMI certification.
- Experience with enterprise project portfolio management development.
- Experience with use of Workfront, Jira and Confluence.
- The Agile Project Manager will lead large, complex, enterprise level agile projects. The projects may consist of multiple Agile teams and require integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile teams.
- The Agile Project Manager will play a driving and directing role to put in place the appropriate people, processes, and tools, to implement, manage and monitor assigned agile projects. In addition, the position will coach other Project managers or members of agile teams, as needed, to optimize the efficiency of agile project execution.
- In performing these roles, the Agile Project Manager will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex, mission-critical, enterprise-level projects and with the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability.
Scope of Activities:
The Agile Project Manager will demonstrate competency across the following scope of activities:
- Defining the agile project scope and schedule, while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organizing and leading project status and working meetings; preparing and distributing progress reports; managing risks and issues; correcting deviations from plans; and performing delivery planning for one or multiple projects under a Project umbrella.
- Assisting in agile team development, while holding project managers and agile teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing agile team members
- Supporting agile Product Owners in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of agile project governance
- Defining and managing well-defined agile project management processes and championing ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Promoting empowerment of agile project managers and teams, ensuring that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encouraging a sustainable project pace with high-levels of quality for the team
Accountable for on-time, on budget, low/no surprise agile project delivery
Required Credentials and Experience:
- Understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software projects using Agile methodologies including experience as an agile Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams. Agile certifications are required.
- Strong Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. SPC, PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent.
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
Balanced business/technical background with:
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- Exposure to multiple, diverse projects, platforms and processing environments
Preferred Credentials and Experience:
- Experience working within, or assisting, DHHS agencies
- Experience delivering presentations to project teams with business and technical audiences
- Excellent analytical, planning, organizational and technical and skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with developers in an in-and-out outsourced environment
- Organizationally savvy, with the ability to navigate organizational politics.
- Ability to articulate new ideas and concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences
- Ability to understand the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term perspectives of situations
- Ability to work creatively and analytically to solve business problems and propose Solutions
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new business processes and technologies
- Displays intellectual curiosity and integrity
- Motivated and driven by achieving business outcomes
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with cross-functional teams
- Agile Project management experience
- Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
- Project planning, resource planning, and work plan development, and project mana
- SAFE cert
- Communication skills both verbal and written
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus*******
PH:470-480-2407 EX 101/ 470-480-2412 EX 103
Apply here or please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: PMI certification,Agile,Workfront, Jira,Confluence,SAFE certification
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3373