***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Administrative Assistant
Location : Atlanta ,GA
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 1+ Months
Interview Type : Skype only
Job Type : C2C,C2H, W2
Experience : 4 years
• The Administrative Assistant I (Professional Development) provides administrative support to the
Director (Professional Learning) which will include scheduling/calendaring, making travel
arrangements, reports or special administrative projects, acts as liaison to other departments,
staff, and community, and communicates work direction and guidance to staff at various levels.
• Duties of the incumbent in this position may also include the location, research, preservation of
historical data about the APS and auxiliary agencies.
• May serve as a lead or supervisor depending upon the organizational structure within the assigned
unit, division, or department.
• The work performed by individuals in this job is confidential in natureਮ#
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
1 year of clerical experience in a fast-past environment required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Proficient in Outlook, Excel, Microsoft Suite. Works well independently and in a team setting.
verbal, and written communications skills. Excellent customer service skills. Great attention to
• Answers phone, schedules appointments, and provides information regarding office district
policies and procedures.
• Screens, responds to, and/or distributes mail as appropriate.
• Receives phone calls and walk-in visitors.
• Schedules appointments and meetings to maintain supervisor’s calendar.
• Attends meetings to provide or obtain information.
• Obtains, compiles, organizes, and prepares information and data for various reports,
meetings/board agendas, ensuring information packages are complete and meet guidelines for
• Coordinates special administrative projects as assigned to include assigning work, providing
project information, giving guidance in support of project objectives, and prepares final report.
• May act as lead to other staff ensuring smooth workflow, coverage of a position in absence of
employee, and assists in interpreting policies, procedures, and processes and clarifies as
• Makes travel arrangements including accommodations, rental cars, and airline reservations.
- Reviews expense reports for completeness/submits for reimbursement.
• Performs other duties as assigned by appropriate administrator.
• Required to attend scheduled shift during regular business hours as mandated.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The Physical Abilities and Other Conditions of Continued Employment listed in this section arerepresentative of, but are not intended to provide an exhaustive list of Physical Abilities andOther Conditions of Continued Employment which may be required of positions in this class. Atlanta
- Public Schools encourages persons with disabilities who are interested in employment in this classand need reasonable accommodation of those disabilities to contact the Human Resources Departmentfor further information.
- Vision: (which may be corrected) to read small print; view a computer screen for prolonged periods.
- Hearing: (which may be corrected) to answer telephones and tolerate exposure to noisy conditions.
- Speech: to be understood in face-to-face communications; to speak with a level of proficiency and volume to be understood over a telephone.
- Upper Body Mobility: use hands and fingers to feel, grasp, and manipulate small objects; manipulate
- fingers, twist and bend at wrist and elbow; extend arms to reach outward and upward; use hands and arms to lift objects; turn, raise, and lower head.
- Strength: to lift, push, pull and/or carry objects which weigh as much as 5 or more pounds on a
- frequent basis. Incumbent may be required to physically restrain parties involved in a conflict.
- Environmental Requirements: encounter constant work interruptions; work cooperatively with others;work independently; work indoors.
- Mental Requirements: read, write, understand, interpret and apply information at a moderately
- complex level essential for successful job performance; math skills at a high school proficiency
- level; judgement and the ability to process information quickly; learn quickly and follow verbal
- procedures and standards; give verbal instruction; rank tasks in order of importance; copy,
compare, compile and coordinate information and records.
Additional Work Conditions & Physical Abilities:
- Microsoft Outlook Proficient
- Customer Service Proficient
- Microsoft Excel Proficient
- Microsoft Word Proficient
Position Keywords: Microsoft Outlook,Customer Service,Microsoft Excel,Microsoft Word
Pay Rate: DOE/If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 1 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3128