** Direct Client Requirement ****
Title: 620544 IT Business Analyst
Location: NW Atlanta, GA
Duration: 2 Months
Interview Type: In Person only
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: C2C,C2H ,W2,
Experience: 5 YEARS
The Business Analyst will support the SHINES Application within the Office of Information Technology and will be responsible for interfacing with the business unit to review requirements, lead JAD sessions, schedule meetings, prepare test plans, and create system requirement documents for use by system analyst to produce detail design documents for specific projects.
• Writes and maintains test plans based on software requirements and design documents
• Participates in the development of change control standards and procedures that appropriately fit the
needs of the technical team and updates these procedures as the needs change.
• Verifies that system requirements are traceable, consistent, complete, and testable.
• Writes checklist to track all components involved in application changes
• Performs requirements, design and code walkthroughs/reviews as requested
• Recommends corrective action to ensure compliance with test plans.
• Develops and maintains comprehensive documentation on all standards and ensures that the information
is appropriately published and distributed
• Verifies that software applications perform in accordance with system requirements and specifications
• Tests software applications for concrete, consistent, observable results.
• Tests new change control and testing tools to ensure proper installation and maintenance and to measure
• Verifies function, performance, integration, and acceptance test results are in accordance with application
and departmental standards
• Measures the severity of failures and defects in accordance with test plan guidelines.
• Accurately and thoroughly documents application performance failures and defects during each quality
• Clearly and accurately communicates test results to programming staff and/or appropriate management
• Regularly enters issues/defects related to the test life cycle or change control environment into applicable
• Updates applicable tracking system with problem solutions and status.
• Conducts testing meetings, as necessary, for problems encountered during the test life cycle.
• Acts as liaison for application groups and external agencies
• Assists users in developing test plans, test scripts, and implementation plans as requested
• Provides reports showing status and activity in the change control environment to technical teams and
appropriate management staff.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or specialized training
• 5 years’ experience as an IT Business Analyst (requirements gathering, business process mapping.)
• Three (3) years of full time experience in Information Technology testing, quality assurance and the
performance of change management functions, two years of which must have been attained in a cross-
platform Information Technology development environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Testing methodology and practices.
• Working knowledge of relevant operating systems, program languages databases, and software
• Intermediate level knowledge of MS Excel including macros and pivot tables
• Hands-on experience with automated test tools
• Two (2) years of experience with HP Load Runner and Quality Center
• Previous experience with Health and Human Services Systems
• Previous experience in state government
Required / Desired Skills
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
Experience in Quality Assurance Testing
Required 3 Years
Experience in Microsoft Excel and Sharepoint
Highly desired 3 Years
Hands on experience with HP Load Runner and Quality Center
Highly desired 2 Years
Experience as an IT Business Analyst (requirements gathering,business process mapping)
Required 5 Years
Position Keywords: QA,HP Load Runner and Quality Center
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: 3 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: 620544
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S